Saturday, August 21, 2010

#7 starting to shoot manual

Our week was great. My friend joined us for a fajita dinner and I made my own salsa! After dinner, we went to a local park to photograph flowers and such without any little people... so nice when you can take your time and when the subject is not moving. I am proud because I shot mostly in manual! Here are some of my favorites:






I just love this park, the gardens are so well maintained and there are pretty stairs, a covered bridge, stone paths...



and bugs, don't forget the bugs


it was getting dark and I was having trouble keeping up with the lighting in the manual setting... but look at the improvements using photo shop elements... I can't wait to go back to this spot in a couple weeks when those water lily's are in bloom!


the sunset was kind of hard to capture at first, I guess I had on my longer zoom lens, but when I switched it out to the kit lens, it worked better!


So, I think I am going to enter a couple of photos into the amateur category at a local fair, I just can't decide which ones to enter. I ordered an 11x14 of the wet feet on the dock photo and it was blurry, :( so need to choose another to enlarge as I already bought the frames...decisions, decisions
________________________

The theme at Owen's daycare this week was community helpers and he made the cutest hat for it


we also decided that he wants to be a fireman for Halloween! So cute! We actually picked out a dress-up outfit/costume today that will be his next potty prize. We decided he is gonna need 15 stars on his chart for this sweet prize! He is really good at going at home, but when we are out its harder for him. He hasn't gone at daycare yet, but today he did go in the grass:



hey we were a ways from home and traffic was so bad because of an airshow in the area. But we pulled over at a really cool spot - a place with dinosaur footprints!



can you make them out? It was pretty cool.

We also stopped for lunch, can you tell Owen enjoyed it?



The air show traffic was bad, but at least we got to see some of the planes in the grocery store parking lot


wow sorry about the long posts I really should have posted Wednesday after the photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment